1. DRINK WATER: Drinking water, especially seltzer water, helps you feel full. People often mistake thirst for hunger, so squeeze a little lemon or add your favorite fruit and drink drink drink.
2. EAT MORE OFTEN: you should be eating at least 5 meals a day. It keeps and even speeds up your metabolism. Digestion itself burns calories and eating smalls meals through out the day boosts your energy and can improve your mood.
3. ADD SOME SPICE: Making your food a little spicier can not only help curb your appetite but it can speed up your metabolism. Put some salsa on your eggs or chicken, and sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on your meals. It can really help heat/speed things up!
4. SET REALISTIC GOALS: One of the top things I continually tell my patients is to set a goal that is easily attainable. I like to follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time I am eating healthy through out the week and I set aside 20% to have a little fun. Using this goal makes it easier to get to your target weight with out giving up all the fun.
5. KNOW HOW TO MEASURE: Portion size is very important. We have a tendency to overeat, even if we are making the right food choices. Get out the measuring cups and spoons, even get a food scale. When measuring your food regularly, you will find that you are more satisfied with a little less.