We are excited to introduce Active PT Home Care, a Bergen County based home care physical therapy company co-founded by Dr. Kelly Blundy, D.C. and Keri Moran, PT. Keri owned and ran a home care company for nine years prior to becoming the Director of Physical Therapy at The Spine and Health Center of Montvale.
What is Home Care Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy at home involves a skilled physical therapist working with you, the patient, one on one in the comfort of your own home. It involves physical training as well as education. This may include gait training, balance training and proprioception, negotiating stairs, home safety, and muscle strengthening. Our physical therapists also take pride in the extensive hands on time spent treating you with services including massage, stretching, range of motion, neuromuscular re-education, and conditioning.
What are some benefits of Home Care PT?
- Your therapist will be able to clearly identify your needs and goals in the comfort of your own home.
- Your therapist will assess any safety issues or risks within your home, as well as make recommendations as to any modifications that may best suit you.
- Best of all, it’s convenient. We come right to you so that you do not have to worry about finding a way to get to your therapy.
Home Care Physical Therapy Programs
- Home Safety Awareness
- Fall Prevention
- Gait Training and Balance
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Status Post Total Joint Replacement
So how does it work?
Start by giving us a call at 201.746.6577 to schedule your initial evaluation by one of our licensed physical therapists. We will have our therapist reach out to you to schedule a time that works best for you. After a thorough evaluation and understanding what your needs and goals are, your PT will discuss a treatment plan with you and/or any loved ones to help you in the best way possible.
Here’s what Joann had to say about her therapy…
“After a double hip replacement at age 80, I knew it would be a tough task to do the things I was used to. But after just a few weeks with physical therapy from Keri, I was on my feet and walking. After I few months I was better than I ever was! I couldn’t have done it without her.”