People of all ages get a lot of health benefits from regular chiropractic care. Numerous studies indicate that chiropractic treatment is effective for a wide variety of childhood ailments such as allergy, asthma, enuresis or bedwetting, infantile colic and otitis media (inflammation of the middle ear). It can also be quite effective for reducing pain, treating injuries, improving posture and self-esteem, and developing a healthy lifestyle.
Due to the significant changes that occur in the spine as people age, the spinal discs, joints, ligaments, muscles and tissues become weaker. This makes the body more vulnerable to injury and delays the healing process. As such, chiropractic care is also highly recommended for elderly adults.
Chiropractic Care for Seniors: Exploring the Benefits
- Provides significant relief from neck, spine, and joint pain, and reduces arthritis and arthritic joint pain. Regular joint movement helps ensure that the spine receives proper nutrition and eliminates toxins and other waste products. It also prevents the formation of adhesions and scar tissues which may lead to arthritis.
- Minimizes spinal stress and tension and promotes increased mobility and range of motion. It also reduces muscle stiffness, rigidity and spasms. Routine care helps to balance the nervous system and release the tension stored in the body.
- Promotes better posture, balance and coordination. It reduces the underlying causes of bad posture. This is extremely important since bad posture is commonly associated with various aches and pains, increased disability, poor emotional state, and reduced health and wellbeing.
- Reduces risk of fall injuries. Chiropractic adjustment techniques increase strength, flexibility, balance and coordination and feed the brain with vital balance and coordination information.
- Reduces the occurrence of other ailments such as headaches, dizziness, migraines, vertigo, sciatica and Meniere’s disease.
- Increases the feeling of health and general well-being. Aside from reducing pain and discomfort, regular chiropractic treatment can help elderly adults to do the things that they enjoy.