Chiropractor Physical Therapy Acupuncture | Montvale NJ, Closter NJ , Oradell NJ

Personal Injury

Work/School/Personal Injury FAQ

As per Oxford Dictionary a personal injury is a “physical injury inflicted to a person’s body, as opposed to damage to property or reputation.” Personal injuries can come from things such as a car accident, a slip and fall, an injury at work, an injury during a school sport, physical abuse, and much more. Personal injury protection is a type of insurance built into car insurances, built into a company or corporation’s liability insurances, and that you pay into with your employer. 

Knowing what to do following a personal injury incident can be a confusing time for most and it may be overwhelming to navigate this traumatic event, the bills that come along with it, and most importantly, the physical and emotional pain. At The Spine & Health Center, we are trained and experienced at both helping with the pains associated with a personal injury and providing knowledge and guidance to assist in the process. We can help manage your case to ensure a smooth progression through these difficult times while getting you out of pain and back to a normal life.

There are four main types of personal injuries that we work with at The Spine & Health Center. Each is handled slightly differently, but in all of these instances, your care and physical pains are covered – most times at no cost to you.

  • Motor vehicle accident (MVA)
  • Workers Compensation
  • Slip and falls
  • School injuries and injuries during school sports

Depending on the type of personal injury, you are most likely protected without a direct cost to you. 

  • Car accident: You are covered under personal injury protection (PIP) coverage through the car insurance company. This is a no-fault coverage which means that regardless of who caused the accident, both parties are covered under their own personal injury insurance.
  • Workers’ compensation: You are covered under a workers’ compensation program that you pay into through your employer.
  • School and sports injuries: You are covered under the school’s insurance program for incidents happening during practice and games.
  • Slip and fall: Slip and fall cases are tricky and depend on where the slip and fall occurred. Slip and falls in a business will be covered under the business’ liability insurance, whereas slip and falls on a sidewalk may initially be billed through your own insurance. Consulting with a lawyer may be important to determine who is at fault.

A lawyer is not needed in every personal injury case. In smaller incidents, we will work with the insurance covering the personal injury to pay for your care. For more severe injuries, which may require additional medical care, such as additional doctor’s visits or surgery, a lawyer may be recommended for you. It is always your choice if you would like to have representation, but a consult for more complicated cases may be recommended. We will coordinate your care while working with your insurance company and your attorney (if needed).

If you have any questions about a current personal injury case or whether or not your incident can be considered a personal injury claim, call our office and ask to speak to one of our providers. All of our providers are trained in the management and progression of all types of personal injury cases. 

Services We Provide: